Scanning various scrapbooking galleries for inspiration, I saw a project at http://remarkablycreated.com/ where Janet Wakeland made a diaper cake using the Zoo Babies as decoration. Immediately, I knew that want to try one too and that this will be my present for Gerwin.
Here is my version, a three layer diaper cake:
I used a criss-cross stitch to create separated segments between the animals and make it look like crafted sleeves. On top, I sewed a blue ribbon on every sleeve. The cherry on top are the two blue flags saying "a gift for baby" and the dummies.
- Crafting By Designs: Anything Goes, October 2
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog #90: Sentiment for a child
- Challenges 4 Everybody #30: Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Challenges2 #20: Anything Goes
- Creative Knockouts #4: Your favourite things
- Paper Crafting Journey: For a Boy, September 26
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes, October 1